Criminal Defense Lawyers La Plata, MD
Trial-tested criminal defense attorneys backed by a record of success
Being questioned about, accused of, or charged with any crime is a serious legal matter that could negatively impact the rest of your life. If you are facing criminal charges, Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. has the knowledge, experience and commitment to help you defend yourself in a court of law. Our criminal defense trial attorneys have unparalleled experience, and success representing clients accused of crimes.
Don’t be daunted by our accomplishments and stellar reputation. Our law firm is reasonably priced, has compassion and listens to you. We have a non-judgmental frame of mind and always come to court prepared to fight for you.
DUI, assault, drugs and homicide attorneys in Maryland
Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. has more than 100 years of tradition, experience and success defending clients in all criminal matters. We represent clients charged with the following legal matters:
- DUI and DWI offenses – Driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while impaired (DWI) charges can have far-reaching consequences: a criminal record, imprisonment, increased auto insurance premiums (or even insurance cancellation) and suspended or revoked driving privileges. Your case is important to our La Plata DUI attorneys.
- Felonies — Felonies are the most serious charges, ranging from assault to homicide. You may be sentenced to serve time in a state prison, if convicted. You need one of our reputable criminal defense attorneys at your side to present your side of the story.
- Juvenile offenses — When a child has been charged as a juvenile offender, a parent’s first instinct is to protect that child. Hiring experienced litigators is your best defense. You don’t want a juvenile crime to ruin the rest of your child’s life, and they do not either. Let us help safeguard your child’s future.
- Misdemeanors — Although not as critical as a felony, a misdemeanor charge is still a serious legal matter. Contacting our Maryland criminal defense attorneys in La Plata can safeguard your reputation. Our firm also represents individuals charged with violent crimes such as assault, battery, and domestic violence.
- Probation violations — Although the underlying criminal charge may be relatively minor, a probation violation can have lasting consequences — especially if criminal assault is involved. You need the expert counsel of our reputable law firm to protect your rights.
- Traffic offenses — Although seemingly minor charges, traffic violations can have serious consequences. Contact our La Plata criminal defense attorneys to analyze your situation as soon as you’ve been ticketed.
- White collar crime — You need our skilled lawyers to plan an aggressive legal strategy in your defense if you have been charged with embezzlement, stealing by deceit, or some other unethical criminal activity.
Call La Plata criminal defense lawyers today for a consultation
Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. has successfully litigated clients’ criminal defense matters since 1907. We are competitively priced, conveniently located a half-block from Charles County Courthouse and handicapped-accessible. Our firm has been selected for the prestigious AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™. Additionally, two members of our law firm, Stephen P. Fitzgerald and John F. Mudd, have been named Super Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ and The Bar Register for Preeminent Lawyers. Please call 240.776.5078 or contact us online today to schedule an appointment.
We are leaders, litigators and trial attorneys who fight for your rights.