After a Car, Truck or Construction Accident, Dealing with Insurers Can Be Difficult
Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. has a 100-year history of success in advocating on behalf of clients dealing with insurers. Insurance companies are notorious for approaching accident victims very quickly, wanting them to settle an accident claim for a monetary amount less than they are due — and before they have consulted with Maryland auto accident attorneys in La Plata. We know the law and never cater to intimidation tactics by insurers. We treat you with compassion as we focus on your road to recovery.
Experienced La Plata accident and injury attorneys in Maryland protect your legal rights
Often, the law firm of Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A., receives referrals of serious auto and trucking accident cases from other law firms throughout Southern Maryland. This is because other area law firms know Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. is a large firm with a wide range of resources that can handle complex auto and truck accident cases.
The following accident data demonstrates that injury accidents — fatal and non-fatal — happen all too often:
- Auto accidents — The National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports 493 statewide traffic deaths were recorded in Maryland in 2010, and 32,885 were reported nationwide. The three most common causes of auto accidents are distracted driving, driving under the influence, and speeding. If you, or a loved one, have been injured, our Maryland auto accident attorneys in La Plata can help.
- Trucking accidents — Size disparity means large trucks cause more damage and injuries than passenger vehicles. Our accident lawyers in Maryland are experienced in taking on the trucking industry, and accept client referrals from other law firms. The NHTSA reports nationwide truck accident statistics for 2010 as follows:
- 529 large-truck occupants fatally injured
- 337 large-truck single-vehicle fatal crashes
- 192 large-truck multi-vehicle fatal crashes
- 2,790 occupants of other vehicles died
- 356 non-vehicle occupants were killed
- 3,675 deaths occurred due to large truck crashes
- Construction accidents — Our La Plata construction accident lawyers in Maryland understand the workplace dangers you face each day. We have the experience to handle your workers compensation and personal injury claims. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration reports 721 (17.5 percent) of the 4,114 private industry worker fatalities recorded in 2011 were in construction. The “Fatal Four” were responsible for nearly three out of five (57 percent) construction worker deaths in 2011:
- Falls – 251 of 721 total deaths in construction in 2011 (35 percent)
- Electrocutions – 67 (9 percent)
- Struck by Object – 73 (10 percent)
- Caught-in/between – 19 (3 percent)
We stand up to insurance companies for you
Our firm has been selected for the prestigious AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™. Additionally, two members of our law firm, Stephen P. Fitzgerald and John F. Mudd, have been named Super Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ and The Bar Register for Preeminent Lawyers: http://www.martindale.com/Products_and_Services/Peer_Review_Ratings.aspx. The law firm of Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. is litigation attorneys with 115 years of collective experience. We are the county’s oldest and largest law firm, conveniently located a half-block from Charles County Courthouse, handicapped accessible and competitively priced. Please call 240.776.5078 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
We are leaders, litigators and trial attorneys who fight for your rights.