An Established La Plata, Maryland Law Firm Offering Exemplary Service
Southern Maryland attorneys on your side since 1907
The law office of Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. is one of the most established and largest law firms in Charles County. Our attorneys have more than 115 years of collective legal experience. Since opening our doors in 1907, our law firm has built a reputation for tradition, excellence and success.
Unmatched experience for a reasonable fee
Many people are intimidated by the law firm’s reputation for unparalleled experience and success. However Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. offers superior legal representation at a fair and reasonable price. Put our law firm’s experience and litigation skills to work for you. Our attorneys have a great deal of compassion for their clients and always come prepared and ready to fight for your rights.
Areas of practice
- Personal injury — Personal injury can result from workplace accidents, motor vehicle accidents, slips and falls, product defects, or even the administration of mistaken medication. Our Maryland injury attorneys are jury-trial experienced and can help ensure that you receive all the financial compensation you deserve.
- Slip-and-fall injuries — Public and private property owners are responsible for slip-and-fall injuries that occur on their premises if their actions are negligent. As trial attorneys, the law firm of Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. ensures that your slip-and-fall claim is taken seriously and you receive all of the compensation to which you or a loved one are entitled.
- Wrongful death — It is tragic to lose a loved one, and even more devastating when the death is due to the negligent or wrongful actions of another person. Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. is compassionate about the needs of your family during this time. Our legal staff understands that money cannot ease the pain of losing a loved one. However, justice can be served to punish or deter the negligent actions of others and may save the lives of others in the future.
- Auto accidents — Experienced and knowledgeable La Plata, Maryland personal injury attorneys from the law firm of Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. know the law, understand the value of your claim and never cave in to intimidation tactics by insurers. Whether the other driver is insured or underinsured, the accident attorneys at Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. will obtain the monies you and your family rightly deserve.
- Criminal law — The criminal defense attorneys at Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. have unparalleled experience and success representing clients accused of crimes. A criminal conviction can follow you for the rest of your life. Safeguard your future by retaining experienced legal counsel from Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A..
- DUI, DWI, and traffic violations — Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. fights to protect your driving privileges and safeguard your record. Their attorneys work tirelessly to get your charges reduced or have your driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI) case dismissed.
- Misdemeanors — Misdemeanor crimes can result in serious financial and personal consequences. Our La Plata criminal defense lawyers in MD will rigorously defend you to get charges reduced, lower fines, avoid jail time for you or have your criminal charges dismissed.
- Felonies — For more than a century, Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. has been on the side of Southern Maryland clients charged with felony crimes. Our attorneys are skilled trial litigators with a successful track record of jury-trial victories. Regardless of the evidence against you, our attorneys can help to lessen the charges or develop a legal strategy to obtain a “not guilty” verdict.
- Family law — The law firm of Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. understands that your family is the most important part of your life. That is why the attorneys at Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. represent their clients with compassion and dedication. Call Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. for your consultation today.
- Child custody, visitation rights and child support — When faced with these emotionally challenging legal matters, you need an attorney with experience and dedication. The law office of Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. has a history of legal achievement and excellent performance that has lasted more than 100 years. Our attorneys have a reputation for success in handling these delicate but important legal issues.
- Divorce — Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. helps you choose the appropriate grounds and the type of divorce that best meets your needs. Whether you are facing a highly contested divorce or a simple non-fault divorce, our attorneys are prepared to go every step of the way to ensure your legal rights are protected.
- Wills and estates — Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. has been a leader in comprehensive estate planning for more than a century. At Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A., our attorneys have earned their success, and so have you. Our attorneys help you protect your legacy for your loved ones’ future.
- Probate — The complex process of administering and distributing the assets of an estate to the heirs of a person who has died is called probate. When families are grieving the loss of a loved one, emotions run high. The attorneys at Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. represent families in probate court to ensure the government or other family members abide by the wishes of the deceased.
- Bankruptcy law — Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. understands that filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a difficult decision. In these difficult economic times, many families need a fresh financial start. The attorneys at Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. can help guide you through the process to regain financial stability. Their attorneys may also be able to prevent a foreclosure on your home. Call today for a free consultation.
- Real estate law — Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. has successfully represented clients who are buying or selling real estate, dealing with subdivision land-use matters, or unsure how to manage right of ways, road ordinances, special permits, variances or development agreements. Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. is also retained by many people to help in the purchasing negotiations on real property.
Call Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A.
The law office of Mudd, Mudd & Fitzgerald, P.A. is the oldest and largest law firm in Charles County, Maryland. Since 1907, our attorneys have built a reputation for tradition, excellence and success. When you retain us, you have more than 115 years of collective courtroom experience on your side. Our law office is handicapped-accessible and conveniently located a half-block from the Charles County Courthouse. We offer quality legal services that are competitively priced. Call 240.776.5078 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
We are leaders, litigators and trial attorneys who fight for your rights.